Friday, October 27, 2006

Health Issues

My baby's sick =(

Nothing serious, really, just slight colds and cough according to the pediatrician. But of course it's still a sorry sight to see the little angel give out those coughs and sneezes...the bright side to that is he's such a brave boy, he's still smiling and happy despite the illness. And to think that it's only a couple of days before his baptism, sigh, poor baby.

He's got a new pediatrician, too. It's good that we found one just a block away from the house, a doctor who holds clinic 5 times a week in the afternoons. I just got fed up with his old pediatrician, who's only available like thrice a week for two hours per day -- and who never comes on time either! I got so mad yesterday because it's my baby's first time to be sick, and it's a sorry coincidence that she chose that day to get sick, too.

Okay, okay, I know doctors fall victim to ailments, too...but who can blame a first-time mommy like me for overreacting? So now I'm in the process of debating whether I should continue seeing the old pediatrician to continue with my son's immunization, at the very least, or to completely switch allegiance and see this new doctor whom I've never seen, but whom ironically I trust more than the old one. Mother's instinct? Maybe...

This new doctor found something of concern in my baby. Generally, my son's very, very healthy; in fact, she got surprised when she found out that this was his first bout with the cold. But she found a bilateral hydrocele in his balls. I researched this over the net and found it to be a normal condition among baby boys, and that it should resolve itself before he blows out his first birthday candle.

I'm praying that it DOES resolve itself, I don't want my perfect little baby to suffer any medical conditions at this early age...

No comments: