Friday, August 13, 2010

So Much for My List...!

I've been a bad girl this year. I just revisited my list of resolutions at the start of the year, and as far as I could see, I haven't made much headway. Here's my mid-year assessment:

...find more opportunities to communicate with Him. (ermmmm...this could still be improved, admittedly. Reading about Anne Rice' recent interview got me thinking. I'll blog about that separately.)

...be less critical of myself and others. (this one might need more time. I am still as critical of myself and others as I could be. Though perhaps a little less vocal.)

...be more patient and less short-tempered. I know I sometimes hurt my husband and son when I have those occasional - okay, not-so-occasional - outbursts, and I am endlessly sorry for that. (needs improvement, still)

...be wiser with my spending. I know I should take my savings more seriously this time around. (aaaccckkk...don't even mention this one! My wardrobe bears all the evidence of my guilty conscience.)

...drink more water and take less soda. (well, there we go. One resolution being kept!)

...spend less time on the internet (Facebook seriously hogs time!). Less time on the computer means more time for my loved ones.(Considerably lessened, yes.)

...be less whingey when hubby goes on his business trips.(this, too!)

...be more productive, both at home and at work. (hmmm...I guess. But needs improvement.)

...be more organised. (oh dear...)

...blog even more. (10 piddling blogs for the year! *kicks self*)

But I take heart knowing that there's still a couple of months to go before 2010 ends. And that I didn't reach the 100-day mark before I posted another blog entry. Sigh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yey a new entry! me too i have a bucket list and i'm in panic that i haven't accomplished half of it yet. :-( must work double time!

Kaye said...

yeah, i had been wondering already what's happened.. Been so long since you last wrote something here. Welcome back, honey!

iluzionada said...

haha sorry guys. fell in a slump and i was being overly critical of my drafts.