Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Boss

I am dumbfounded at how I always seem to find the world's coolest and most amazing bosses around. I recently proved that yet again.

My birthday came two days after I found out the sad news. Notice I did not say "I celebrated my birthday..." (How could I, right?). But since it was still supposed to be my special day, the text messages arrived, the Facebook greetings appeared on my wall, the Twitter greetings were tweeted, calls came. I answered them all as cheerfully as I could. Most people probably thought I was having the time of my life, when in fact I spent the day hiding in my house, away from the rest of my family, entertaining myself with a DVD marathon of "Desperate Housewives", of all things.

Evening came. And so did a very heartwarming message from The Boss. He knew about my entire journey (mainly because I had the responsibility to inform him). Note that I had been away from work for almost a month by then.

He told me:
"Happy birthday, iluzionada! I know that given how things have been, it's not exactly an easy thing to do to be happy and celebratory. But birthdays are both celebrations of all things past and all things about to come. Wishing you many many blessings ahead, and may your birthday be filled with love and hope. God bless you, iluzionada :)"
A perfect, perfect message which I consider the start of my journey to healing.

I am still blessed. The Boss was and still is a wonderful person.

2 comments:

Kaye said...

You are lucky, indeed. haven't gotten anything even remotely close to that from my own boss. Despite what happened, you are immensely blessed, believe me.

Hugs to you, mare.

iluzionada said...

I seem to attract genuinely caring and eloquent bosses. Whenever I have difficulty juggling work and family life, my bosses give me such considerate arrangements and leave kind words. I must have done something right in my past life :)

This Boss, naku, if I were not married and I was his...ermmm...type, I would ask him to marry me hahaha. No, but seriously, the qualities he possess make him a rarity. Sana dumami pa ang katulad nya sa mundo.