Friday, July 14, 2006

New Blog for a New Start

Hmmm...a fresh, clean slate, and I have no idea where to start. But let's give this a try.

I started a blog sometime last year, when Friendster offered subscribers their very own blogspots. I greeted this novelty with much enthusiasm, as, at that time, I had been very eager to start one but had no idea how. For a time, I got attached with my blog, pouring out to it the various events in my life, from the important to the mundane.

However, someone at Friendster had the bright idea to send out alerts to all your friends whenever you posted something new. I really hated it when my inbox gets flooded with all sorts of alerts...but what annoyed me the most was that I couldn't turn this feature off...which meant that, whenever I updated mine, I would inevitably end up doing the same thing to my friends' inboxes.

Now, we just couldn't have that, could we?

So here we are, starting a new blog, just in time for a new and very interesting phase in my life: motherhood. Yes, I am a proud mother of a beautiful 2 1/2 month old baby boy, the love of my life. I wanted to have my own space where I could freely talk about the wonderful changes in my life without having to burden my friends with constant alerts...being a new mother, I am naturally very loquacious about every little thing that concerns my boy or my life with him, and what better way to give way to those thoughts than to start an entire new blog?

Of course, this blog will not be solely dedicated to my baby (although I expect to talk about him quite a lot!). Like my old Friendster blog, I will continue to share my daily experiences, the highs and lows of my everyday life...

***Sigh*** It's always nice to have something new, don't you think?

No comments: