Friday, October 23, 2009

Flight

It is in times of the most profound sorrow that I find myself at a loss for words.

You have been given your wings, my beloved uncle. You are now living up to your name...you have been liberated from all your pain and sorrow, and you now stand with all the saints and angels in Heaven, to feast with your beloved Creator for all eternity.

Please be our angel and watch over us left here on earth. We send our loving hellos to all our family and friends who have gone before us. Oh, and while you're there, please tell Francis M and Michael Jackson that I'm a big fan. Maybe you can also share with me what really happened to Marilyn, Elvis and JFK, if and when you do get to chat with them.

Farewell, my dear uncle. Rest well. I will never forget how you have been like a father to me when I needed it. Please tell my dad everything I've always wanted to tell him but never got around to doing so.

You will be missed. See you in the next life.

"Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there, I did not die."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. Can't remember who you're referring to, though. anyway, I hope you and the family are ok there...

take care, honey. mwah!

iluzionada said...

that's okay, i don't think you've met him. he's my mom's younger brother. we're okay...a bit sad, of course, but more relieved that he's out of pain. he's probably happier wherever he is.