Monday, December 21, 2009

I felt stupid watching this movie...




...because my mouth was hanging open the entire time! Just when I thought there weren't any good movies this year, the last few weeks of 2009 gave me something to remember. The last movie I watched with as much drooling intensity was The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

I have no coherent thoughts to even begin a pseudo-movie review. Suffice it to say that I enjoyed myself immensely. So much so that halfway through the movie, I was already elbowing my husband and telling him I want to see it again. Hubby was very impressed with the CGI (he does CGIs, too, so it is obviously very hard to please him in that department). To call the animation "spectacular" might be a bit of an understatement. Stupendous would be more apt.

Film critics might have a thing or two to say about the storyline, that it's bordering on being patronisingly tree-hugging, but I'm not complaining. The movie's overall message was more powerful to me than what a good old disaster movie can muster. It's a bit predictable in some parts, but all things considered, it was engaging enough for me not to notice that it's about 2 1/2 hours long.

True to its press releases, Avatar does take you to a world beyond imagination. Just see it. I mean, if you've watched 2012 and you let this one slip by, someone ought to knock some sense into you ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

base ako! yipee!

actually interesting to watch nga ang AVATAR. i saw the making last night and it was really next level for me in terms of CGI recording and filming. galing talaga!

sige pag may time ill try to invite kaye and kara to watch it. just dont know when nga lang. sana lang kaye does get well na agad. haayyy...

Anonymous said...

base ulit! hehehe

kainis! nakapagcomment na ko pero it didnt show up. well, oks lang.

heniways, what i said kanina was that the movie is really something. though marketing-wise it wasn't as noisy as new moon or harry potter, but it was really interesting for me that i even got a glimpse of its making last night. wow! galing parang next level of CGI filming na. very far from what we do in our local movies. asteg s'ya if i'd put it in one word!

will i see it? i want to but that will depend if kaye is already ok. sana she gets well soon so i could tag her and kara to watch!

nice movie sya kahit di ko pa sya napapano'd hehe!

iluzionada said...

eto naman matatampuhin...for approval kasi ang post di ko agad nakita. pero dito sa blog ko madaling maka-base hehe :)