Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Maroon 5 and the Rapture

I know I said previously that I would do one of three things: sell my tickets, give them away or throw them out. Well, I ate my words and I went ahead to watch Maroon 5, anyway.

First of all, let me tell you that I will NEVER EVER EVER again buy silver tickets if a concert is going to be staged at the SMX Convention Centre. It's just not worth it. The stage was too far away, and being vertically challenged didn't help my case. And there were those POSTS in the middle of the venue. And the SCAFFOLDING. And those BOUNCERS that were just all over the place and would happily stand in front of you. And those gold ticket holders who STOOD on their effing chairs.

I miss Singapore's concert scene. I was always close enough to feel the artists' sweat splash down on me. And tickets are not ridiculously expensive.

As a result of that, I have no decent pictures to show. After trying to video everything on my phone (no DSLRs allowed inside...) and realising just how crappy my view was, I contented myself with just plain audio recording. And, yeah, just watching and letting the music take over me.

They played a few songs from each of their three albums. But, of course, the crowd responded best to their hits from the first album such as "This Love", "She Will Be Loved", "Harder to Breathe" and "Sunday Morning".

If only for the music, it was worth it to go to the concert. I would definitely watch them again, given a chance. But, like I said, forget about silver tickets. And I think the concert organisers could do better next time. Judging by the less-than-stellar attendance (there were a lot of people, but not enough to be a sold-out concert), perhaps poor marketing (the sponsors' booths were really dismal and I felt the mileage was not worth the bang) and over-zealous bouncers (imagine stopping teenage kids from bouncing on the floor - they were having a good time, for crying out loud!), the organisers still have loooots of room for improvement.

That said, I don't regret going to the concert because it's still Maroon 5, after all. And I still think Adam Levine is sexeeehhh.

**********

So watching the concert was my first post-apocalyptic act. And here was hubby and I's last act a few hours before the alleged Rapture:


Just in case we didn't have enough time to grab our wedding bands.

No comments: